Reporting Crime

Reporting Crimes or Suspicious Activity

If there is an immediate emergency threat to life or property, DIAL 9-1-1
• ANY urgent/emergent medical or fire situation
• ANY in progress crime, suspicious activity, or anytime a person fears for their safety or the safety of others

For Non-Emergencies, call 425-407-3999
• Such as a non-violent crime that occurred earlier and there is no suspect information.
• On-line crime reporting is available at
• Situations where emergency services personnel are needed but there is no immediate danger to life or property
• A found pet or property
• Illegal firework complaints

If you are not sure if your situation is an emergency, you are encouraged to call 9-1-1.
When you call 911, be prepared to answer the call-taker's questions, which may include:
• The location of the emergency, including the street address and/or landmarks.
• The phone number of calling party.
• The nature of the emergency.
• Details about the emergency; such as a physical description of a person who may have committed a crime, a description of any fire that may be burning, or a description of injuries or symptoms being experienced by a person requiring urgent medical attention.

For other inquires, call the Snohomish Police Department at 360-568-0888
• Request a copy of a police report
• Fingerprinting or Concealed Pistol License application
• Leave a non-urgent message for an officer
• Questions about pet licensing or parking regulations

To report a power outage, call Snohomish County PUD at 425-783-1001

Internet Crime

Crimes committed over the internet can be reported at the Internet Crime Complaint Center. Many of these crimes are interstate or international, and the IC3 will evaluate the complaint and contact the appropriate investigating agency.

Accident Reports

If you are involved in an accident and you and the other driver decide to report on your own, you can visit Washington State Patrol to learn how to complete the report.