City Utility Providers
City of Snohomish residents have a number of different utility providers. The City provides your water, sewer and stormwater services.
- Garbage Service is provided by Republic Services
- Electrical power is provided by Snohomish PUD
- Natural Gas Service is provided by Puget Sound Energy
Water Billing Information
The City bills every two months for water, sewer and stormwater. Your bill is based on water usage for the previous two months. Bills are due on the 20th of the month. Payments not received by the date specified on the bill will receive a $20 late fee.
We provide several payment options:
- Online payment system (must have account number)
- By mail: City of Snohomish, PO Box 1589, Snohomish, WA 98291.
- In person via check at City Hall, 116 Union Avenue, Snohomish, WA 98290 using the after-hours drop-box available on the north side of City Hall. Cash is accepted Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Through your bank bill pay - Important to use correct account #. Also please confirm the mailing address is PO Box 1589, Snohomish, WA 98291. Please note: bank bill payments can take 5-7 business days to post to your utility account. Delay in receiving payments may result in late fees and/or water disconnection.
- By phone - Call 1-833-501-5730 - use debit/credit with your account # and house #.
Utility accounts are the responsibility of the property owner. The owner remains responsible for payment even if you have/had tenants.
If you do not have your account number, or have questions about your bill, please call the Utility Billing Department at 360-568-3115 or email email@example.com.
Late or Missed Payments
Water and sewer accounts with a past due balance after the date specified on the bill for termination will be scheduled for shut off. An additional fee of $50 will be added for involuntary shut-offs.
Water service will be scheduled for immediate termination for all checks returned as NSF. An additional fee of $45 will be added to your bill for NSF checks.
On approval by the City, a utility customer may enter into written payment arrangement. Such payment arrangements shall be applied for ONLINE or by requesting a form from the City. The arrangement shall not exceed fifteen (15) days past the service disconnection date. A customer shall be limited to two (2) payment arrangements per twelve (12) month period. It shall be the sole discretion of the City as to the approval or denial of a request for payment arrangements. Customers are encouraged to apply prior to the due date of the bill to allow time for decision to be made.
Disconnected Water Services
For water services that have been disconnected, there is no charge to reconnect services during business hours. Call City Hall at 360-568-3115 before 3 p.m. Monday - Friday to request re-connection. Customers requesting an after hours re-connection will be charged $100. There is no charge for emergency shut off. Call City Hall at 360-568-3115 Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for emergencies. After 4:00 p.m. or on weekends and holidays you can call 360-568-3115 and be directed to our emergency line.
Discounted Water Rates
You may request a rate discount for:
- Low income seniors and disabled persons
- Vacant property
- Leaks that have been fixed
See our Discounted Utility Rates page for more information.
Water Meter Information
Water is measured in hundreds of cubic feet (100 cubic feet = 748 gallons). The sewer consumption is based on the water consumption.
Meters are read every other month. City meter readers use a hand-held device to record the readings. They read meters through a manual read, touch read, or radio read. The device then imports the information into the city’s computers making the meter reading faster and more accurate.
The City is responsible for repairing water meters and all pipes that lead to our meters. Pipes from the water meter to a residence or business are the responsibility of the property owner.
Requests from Escrow companies for estimated or final utility billings should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.