Small Business Recovery Grant
Small Business Relief Grant Funds Available
All eligible businesses submitting a complete application will have a chance to receive a grant of up to $10,000 until all funds are exhausted. A total of $200,000 of funding is available. Funds may be used for existing operating expenses, including business rent or mortgage, payroll, utilities, inventory, marketing, and improvements to meet social distancing requirements. Documentation of expenses will be required to be submitted if a grant is awarded, and eligible expenses must be incurred within the time period of March 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020.
Funding is limited. Some applicants may not receive a grant. Most applicants will receive a grant in an amount less than $10,000. Grant funds may be taxable. Please consult with your financial advisor for guidance. Grant recipients will be required to enter into a Grant Agreement with the City which will require the filing of a report on how the funds were spent. Grant recipients must also submit a W-9.
In order to be eligible for the City of Snohomish Small Business Relief Grant, the following eligibility requirements must be met:
• Physical (brick and mortar) location in the City of Snohomish
• Been in operation and licensed within the City of Snohomish since May 31, 2019 thru July 20, 2020
• Have a current City of Snohomish Business License
• NOT a publicly traded company
• 10 or less full-time employees, including the owner
• Demonstrate at least a 25% decrease in revenues due to COVID-19
• Expected to operate after applicable local and state emergency guidelines are removed
• No current unpaid code enforcement liens or violation of any state, federal or local laws
• No owner, officer, partner or principal actor of the business involved with financial mismanagement. This includes: "Business Owner(s) with any conviction(s) for financial crimes within the last 3 years, with Business Owner(s) defined as: Managing Members and/or Officers."
• Retaining and/or supporting employees, payroll and benefits
• Business rent or mortgage payments
• Addressing temporary COVID-19 related restrictions on business activity
• Increasing technology capacity to enable alternative work forms or service delivery
• Paying vendor invoices
• Expired Inventory
• Facility cleaning/restoration
Prepare to Apply
• Confirm your eligibility (see eligible businesses above)
• Develop a recovery plan. You will be asked to provide a brief description of your recovery plan in the application (maximum 500 characters)
• Prepare a list of eligible expenses and how funds from a $10,000 grant will be used, if awarded.
• Locate a copy of your City of Snohomish Business License. You will be asked to upload a digital copy of your City of Snohomish Business License with your application. Need a copy? You can access a copy through the WA State Department of Revenue Business License Service.
• Prepare documentation to demonstrate a decrease in revenues due to COVID-19. You will be asked to upload a digital copy of your Profit and Loss Statement, Revenue Report, or other applicable documentation with your application.
This application and any supporting documentation is considered a public record and may be subject to public disclosure under Washington’s Public Records Act, chapter 42.56 RCW.
The application must be submitted by August 1, 2020 at 4:00PM. No applications will be accepted after this deadline. Applications received by the deadline will be given equal consideration. It is our goal to notify grant recipients by August 20, 2020. Businesses selected to receive grant funding will be contacted by email.