The Assistant Planner processes and reviews development permit and business license applications, reviews development plans, responds to developer and citizen inquiries regarding planning and development issues, and researches long range planning issues.
This is a technical position with responsibilities for work in direct support of and in collaboration with the Planning Director and Planner on a wide range of planning issues. The Assistant Planner also provides staff support to the Planning Commission, Design Review Board and Hearing Examiner as directed by Planning Director. This may include some evenings.
Examples of Job Duties:
1. Explain and provide information to the public regarding:
2. Assist the public in submitting applications for development permits and land use proposals.
3. Review development permit and land use proposal applications for completeness and conformance to City requirements.
4. Respond to questions from the public and developers regarding status of submitted applications.
5. Perform research and studies of planning and development as directed by the Planning Director.
6. Assist in the review of environmental checklists as part of the SEPA process.
7. Work, as directed, with the Planning Director and Planner with the preparation of staff reports and meeting minutes for the Planning Commission, Hearing Examiner, and Design Review Board.
8. Perform site visits and site inspections of development for conformance to approved plans, conditions, and regulations pertaining to land use regulations and design matters.
9. Assist the Permit Coordinator, as directed by the Planning Director, in the processing of construction and development applications and land use proposals.
10. Perform related duties as required.
The City of Snohomish is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce.
Learn more at www.snohomishwa.gov