The street crew is responsible for the maintenance of 40 miles of streets and they perform a variety of improvements.
The crew typically will:
- Patch and maintain the street surface
- Maintain and replace traffic signs
- Maintain pavement painting and markings
- Prepare street surfaces for overlays
- Perform paving projects for city facilities
- Work with other city crews on joint projects
See the city code on truck routes and definitions.
Plowing and sanding will begin when snow accumulation reaches 2 inches, or sooner according to the judgment of the Public Works staff. Priority routes will be plowed first, and steep hills will be closed for safety.
Plowing operations are limited by equipment availability .
The full Snow and Ice Response Plan is available here.