Community Resources

Do you or someone in your family need food assistance? Do you have a neighbor who is looking for childcare? Need assistance with making utility payments? We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of services in the community and surrounding areas, including housing, childcare, clothing, and more.

Food Insecurity: 

Snohomish Food Bank:                       

The Snohomish Community Food Bank serves weekly groceries as well as provides social services to residents living within the Snohomish School District boundaries.

Questions?      (360) 568-7993 or

Snohomish Food Pantry:

The Snohomish Seventh-Day Adventist Church food pantry. The food pantry will be open every Thursday from noon to 4 p.m. The address of the church is 505 Ave. D.

CrossView Church Food Bank:

CrossView Food Bank is open to anyone who needs supplemental groceries or is experiencing food insecurity. All are welcome - there are no residency or income requirements.

Questions?      360-568-5886 or

Hours: Monday 6:30pm - 7:30pm , Wednesday10:30am - 11:30am

Meals on Wheels:

Meals on Wheels offers nutritious meals for homebound older adults and people with disabilities. The delicious frozen meals are easy to heat and are delivered directly to your home each week by caring and compassionate staff and volunteers. Pet food is available upon request.

Questions?      425-347-1229 or



Housing Insecurity:

Everett Gospel Mission: 

Our long-term housing facilities provide a safe, affordable place for individuals to transition into a life of sustainability with the support they need to continue moving toward independence.

Questions?      Men’s Shelter (425) 740-2550, Women’s Shelter  (425) 740-2501 or


Matthew House: 

Founded in 1980, we have helped thousands of women, children and families of the incarcerated. With the generous help of donors and private party sponsors we have been providing food, shelter, clothing, love, support and hope to this forgotten population of children & Families

Questions?     (360) 794-8720


Mercy Housing:

Home is where vibrant, stable families and communities begin. Mercy Housing is a leading affordable housing organization, working to eliminate homelessness and housing insecurity for low-income families, seniors, individuals, and people with disabilities. Our goal? To create healthy, sustainable communities where every person has a place to call home. 

Questions?      (206) 838-5700


Interfaith Family Shelter:

Uniting in service to families, with children, facing homelessness. We provide emergency shelter and rehousing case management to help families overcome homelessness and achieve permanent housing.

Keeping families together: One of only two shelters in Snohomish that accepts single dads and families with teenage sons.

Questions? (425) 303-9774 or


Child Care Assistance: 

Boys and Girls Club of Snohomish County (Snohomish):

We keep our kids safe, provide them with resources and space to accomplish their homework, let them play, and instill values focused on leadership, character and friendship. Club kids enjoy nutritious, hot meals and healthy snacks. Our programs are delivered by trained, caring professionals and volunteers in a safe environment that encourages kids to explore their interests, gain confidence, and make new friends. 

Questions? (360) 568-7760 or


Early Childhood Educations and Assistance Program (ECEAP): 

ECEAP is designed to provide a comprehensive early childhood program for preschool children and their families. If your child resides within the Snohomish School District boundaries or is highly mobile such as migrant or homeless, he or she may be eligible for the ECEAP program.

Questions? 360-563-4641 or


Child Care Aware of Washington: 

We work alongside families, child care providers, caregivers, and communities to meet the diverse and specialized learning needs of every child in our state. We use data and story to influence policy makers, system leaders and our partners to ensure every child in Washington has equitable access to quality learning experiences.

Questions? 1-800-446-1114 or


Behavior Health Resources: 

Children's Hospital Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine Unit: 

Children with complex mental health issues may need to stay in the hospital at times. When this happens, we have a Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine Unit (PBMU) with 41 beds where we treat children from ages 3 to 18. We also see people age 19 to 21 who are developmentally delayed and in crisis.

Questions? 206-987-2000


Compass Health Snohomish County: 

Compass Health provides comprehensive services to treat behavioral health conditions, and we are here to support anyone who needs our care. We offer a wide-range of behavioral health services for clients of all ages in Snohomish, Skagit, Island, San Juan, and Whatcom counties.

Questions? 800-457-9303  

North Sound Behavioral Health Administrative Services Organization:

The State of Washington contracts with the North Sound Behavioral Health Administrative Services Organization to provide Behavioral Health Crisis Services and other state-funded non-Medicaid behavioral health services in the 5 county North Sound Region. We work in cooperation with North Sound Tribal Behavioral Health Agencies to provide Crisis Services to American Indians and Alaskan Natives.

Questions? 800.684.3555 or

Alcoholics Anonymous Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) helps people find local AA meetings and provides resources for alcohol addiction.

Utility Assistance Programs

LIHEAP – Low-Income Household Energy Assistance Program helps with your heating bills and 

LIHWAP – Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program helps with your water/sewer bills

Help with utility bills is available through this program, whether residents heat with electricity, natural gas, propane, oil or wood. Certain eligibility requirements apply. 

Questions? 425-388-3880


St. Vincent De Paul: 

This is a one-time grant for families or individuals whose income is less than 200% of the federal poverty guidelines, or who have experienced sudden income loss due to the COVID-19 pandemic, are eligible to apply. 

Questions? 425-355-3504 or

Puget Sound Energy: 

If you’re struggling to pay your energy bills, our bill assistance programs and a home weatherization program can help. It’s easy to learn if you’re eligible for bill assistance or free home weatherization upgrades.

Questions? (888) 225-5773


Internet Access Options: 


The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a federal government program designed to help income-constrained households connect to the internet, as well as Xfinity Mobile service.

We’re making it simple for both new and existing customers to apply.

Questions (800) 934-6489? 

Ziply Fiber:

Customers who qualify for the Lifeline program also qualify for Affordable Connectivity Program enrollment. If you are not a Lifeline customer, you may still qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program. Eligible households will get a discount of up to $30 per month towards eligible broadband plans, and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. 

Questions? 1.866.MYZIPLY (1-866-699-4759)


Astound Broadband (Previously Wave Broadband): 

The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a federal government benefit program operated by the Federal Communications Commission that reduces one eligible household’s broadband internet access service bill by up to $30 per month. We offer a variety of internet packages with no contracts required and no early termination fees. Eligible customers may apply the ACP benefit to one of our current internet packages in their area, opt-out of the program or transfer the ACP benefit to another provider.

Questions? 1.800.427.8686


Clothing Bank: 

Clothes for Kids:

Clothes For Kids provides free school clothing to lower-income students. Any child who attends school in Snohomish County or the Northshore School District (Head Start/ECEAP through 12th grade) and requests help qualifies for Clothes For Kids. Clothing is distributed from early August through the end of May.

Questions? 425-741-6500 or


SJH Clothing Bank: 

SJH Clothing Bank supports hundreds of men, women and children throughout Snohomish County, free of charge. We are currently the only organization of its kind in our community and we strive to create a welcoming environment, along with an enjoyable shopping experience.  We are continuously engaging in community outreach activities to ensure that those in need are aware of and have access to our services.    

Questions? (360) 651-8246 or



Offering free, business-appropriate attire to women experiencing homelessness in need of clothing for interviews or new jobs. Clients should call in advance to schedule an appointment. No income verification or voucher needed. Up to 4 visits allowed per year.

Questions? 425.258.2766


Operation School Bell:

Operation School Bell levels the playing field for in-need school kids by providing them with brand new school clothes, just like everybody else. Teen Retail Program - qualified high school students are provided with vouchers to shop for appropriate school attire. Students may choose clothing and shoes.

Questions? 425-252-3011 or


Cold Weather Options:

Angel Resource Connection:

From Seattle to Everett, ARC provides sleeping bags and warm clothes to the unsheltered. Questions? 425-496-7711 or


Snohomish County Cold Weather Shelters:

Multiple locations in Snohomish County provide overnight shelter during dangerously cold weather. The Snohomish Cold Weather Shelter, when activated, is located at 210 Avenue B. Hours of operation, criteria for opening, and length of season vary by location. Youths between the ages of 12-17 years of age who need shelter may call 425-877-5171.

Questions? (425) 388-7200 or


Parenting, Family, Elder Options

Cocoon House: 

Cocoon Project SAFE is designed to help parents and guardians to delve beyond their child's destructive behavior patterns to expose the nature of what may be causing the behavior. The therapist will even follow up with you to review the action plan created in the initial phone consultation and discuss ways to confront barriers that may come up. 

Questions? 425-317-9898 

Hours: Meetings are every 2nd and 4th Tuesdays from 6:30 - 8 p.m., 2929 Pine Ave, Everett, WA


Sunrise Services of Snohomish County: 

We offer a variety of quality services that are focused on real individuals. These services share a common goal – to improve or uphold our individual quality of life. We employ a holistic, responsive and innovative approach to providing community and in-home supports. We want our individual to progress toward wellness and maintain successful independent living.

Questions? (425) 212-4200

Homage Senior Services of Snohomish County: 

Washington State’s Community Living Connections is part of a national collaborative effort of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Veterans Administration and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services designed to help individuals of all ages, disabilities and income levels, their caregivers, legal representatives and families get the right home and community-based supports and services at the right time, in the right place. 

Questions? 425.513.1900

Legal Assistance: 

Snohomish County Legal Services:

Snohomish is Washington’s third-most populous and fastest-growing county with more than 770,000 residents, at least 100,000 of whom have household incomes below 125% of the Federal Poverty level. Too many of our neighbors are unable to address life-changing legal issues. Lack of meaningful access to legal services can exacerbate unemployment, homelessness, and family disintegration, placing significant additional burdens on social services and the community… and continuing the cycles of poverty.

Questions? 425.258.9283 or


Northwest Justice Project:

NJP provides legal assistance to eligible low-income families and individuals needing help with civil (non-criminal) legal problems in Washington State. Washington LawHelp is a library of free "know your rights" articles, videos, court forms and do-it-yourself packets covering many common legal issues such as family law, eviction/housing, public benefits and money/debt problems.

Questions? 1-855-657-8387


Snohomish County Family Law Facilitator Program: 

The Courthouse Facilitator program at Snohomish County Superior Court Clerk’s Office provides assistance to Family Law and Guardianship clients who are not represented by attorneys. This program operates in the Snohomish County Courthouse.

Questions? 425-388-3795



Crisis Centers:

Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County: 

If you or someone you know is a victim of domestic violence, Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County can help you.  We provide free and confidential services:  emergency shelter, legal advocacy, support groups and domestic violence education. We are the only program in Snohomish County providing emergency shelter and comprehensive, confidential services to all victims of domestic abuse. 

Questions? 425-25-ABUSE (425-252-2873)

Providence Sexual Assault Crisis Center:

Our team of advocates, forensic nurses, nurse practitioners, therapists, and social workers offer an array of services to those impacted by sexual, physical, and/or relationship violence. We believe everyone in our community deserves to feel safe, to be treated with care and respect, and to feel empowered to reach out for support. Our services are designed to center and value your unique needs as we work alongside you to identify meaningful next steps.

Questions? 425-252-4800


National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 

The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones. 988 is now active across the United States. This new, shorter phone number will make it easier for people to remember and access mental health crisis services. 

Questions? 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

Wrap-Around Services:

Carnegie Resource Center: 

Carnegie Resource Center is a one-stop location that serves as a gateway to a multitude of resources and training opportunities related to mental health counseling and substance use disorder treatment, employment services, housing enrollment, veteran programs, health insurance navigation and public benefit enrollments. All services at the center are coordinated by Pioneer Human Services.

Questions? 206-768-1990 or


Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS): 

Nearly one out of every four Washington citizens turns to the Department of Social and Health Services' Economic Services Administration for assistance with cash, food, child support, child care, and disability determination, and supports for transition to employment and other services.

Questions? 877-501-2233


Catholic Community Services: 

Our mission is to serve men, women and children who come to us for assistance, with compassion and understanding while supporting and promoting self-sufficiency. We believe every child should grow up in a safe, loving, nurturing environment, in joining with others to change systems which oppress, discriminate or otherwise cause human suffering, and to work towards affirming and supporting a healthy family life.

Questions? (425) 257-2111


Salvation Army: 

We assess the needs of each community in which we serve. We work to understand the obstacles, hardships, and challenges native to the area's particular population. Next, we build local programs designed to offer immediate relief, short-term care, and long-term growth in the areas that will best benefit the community. 

Questions? 425-259-8129 or


Volunteers of America (VOA)

Volunteers of America Western Washington is the largest human service agency in Snohomish County and we serve six counties in Western Washington. Specifically, we help families in crisis, cultivate promise in children, and empower independence for seniors and adults with disabilities. Whether we are delivering food to a homebound senior, providing rent and mortgage assistance, or providing a child with the tools needed to succeed in school, we are there, answering the calls for help from our community's most vulnerable neighbors.

Questions? (425) 259-3191 or