View Current Openings

Current Openings for Boards & Commissions

Current openings for Boards & Commissions will be listed below: 

Design Review Board Vacancy

Applicants are being sought to fill a vacancy on the City of Snohomish Design Review Board effective immediately.  Applications are due to the City Clerk by 4:00 pm on Tuesday, September 4, at City Hall, 116 Union Avenue in Snohomish.

The Design Review Board member term runs for four years.  The Board considers and reviews applications for rehabilitation and restoration of historic structures, as well as applications for new development, to encourage better design and site planning.  The City’s Historic District represents an economic and cultural asset to the City and design review helps preserve this asset by keeping its character intact.

Applicants to the Design Review Board should be knowledgeable in matters of design and aesthetic judgment by virtue of training, education, and/or experience, and should possess qualities of impartiality and broad judgment, and an ability to review two-dimensional plans.  Desired qualifications for Board members include an expertise in the fields of architecture, history, building trades, landscape architecture, graphic, interior, and industrial design, and/or land development.  Of particular interest at this time is an expertise in history, building trades, or land development.

Eligible applicants are those with an interest in the City as a result of either living, working, owning property or business in the City, and/or belonging to one of the City’s civic organizations.  All City board and commission members are volunteers serving without compensation.

The selected appointee’s term will begin immediately and will fill the balance of the current term, which expires on October 7, 2021, at which time the appointee may request appointment to a full term. 

Applications are available at City Hall, may be downloaded from the City web site or apply online:


Notify Me

Notify Me allows you to subscribe to an unlimited number of email lists. Receive email or text message updates regarding Boards & Commissions openings or other information you have requested. Check out Notify Me. Look for Current Openings for Boards & Commissions under the "News Flash" category.

Apply to Serve on Boards & Commissions

The City Clerk's office provides two formats for the Boards and Commissions Application form. You can download and print a hard copy to return to the City Clerk via USPS, fax, scanned email attachment, or in person at City Hall. You can also submit your request electronically.