We want to have correct billing information, and you want your utility services to suit your needs. For garbage account changes, contact Republic Services.
Water and sewer account changes on this page include discounts for vacant properties, bill adjustments after a water leak, and basic account updates.
Updating Your Account
Changes to an account include transferring an account to a new owner or renter, turning services on or off, or updating your mailing address.
You can also submit the change request located on the back of your utility bill or visit City Hall to request changes to your utility billing or service.
Changing an Account
- Submit the request located on the back of your utility bill
- Call us at 360-568-3115
- Request a change in person at City Hall
- Complete this Residential Account Change Request Form
Vacant Property Discounts
If your property will have no one living there and no active business (other than construction or demolition) for a period of time, you can request a reduced rate for water service.
Inactive Water Rate
A discounted rate is available for properties where no water use is expected for at least 180 days (6 months). The "Abandoned Occupant" rate for all meter sizes is $10 per month within City limits, and $15 per month outside of City limits. Customers will still be charged their bi-monthly storm rate.
Detecting and Fixing Leaks
If you get an unexpectedly high bill, you may have a water leak.
If you find and fix a water leak after getting a big bill, you can request an adjustment to that bill.
Test for Leaks
- Turn off all faucets and appliances that use water
- Check to see if your water meter’s low flow indicator (dial, small red or black triangle) is moving
- Record the reading from your water meter
- Don’t use any water for the next hour, then recheck the meter
- If the low flow indicator is moving or the reading has changed, water is running through the meter and you may have a leak
The city is responsible for repairing water meters and all pipes that lead to the meters. Pipes from the water meter to a residence or business are the responsibility of the property owner.